Understanding consumer buyer behaviour, and the decision making process, is the key to reaching and engaging your customers, and persuading them to buy from you.
Every successful marketing campaign starts with an understanding of the customers’ buying behaviour. This knowledge helps you reach your customers through the right channels at the right time, target them with the right messages, and ultimately influence their buying decisions.
At the end of this introduction to Consumer Behaviour you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between consumer buyer behaviour and organisational buyer behaviour.
- Explain the importance of various concepts in helping us to understand purchase, usage and disposal of products.
- Explain the importance of communications models in helping to understand how individuals can influence the effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Describe the following concepts in decision making such as source credibility, involvement and perceived risk.
- Explain the decision making unit.
- Explain the decision making process.
- Explain the need for effective internal communications.